Monday, December 12, 2011

Out of the Ashes

Last couple weeks have been painful, humbling, eye-opening, stressful, powerful, and hard. I've majorly screwed somethings up and will suffer the consequences for those, but I have learned from my mistakes. Sometimes God changes his recipe for humble pie, to humble death hammer. And I really appreciate when he does that. I am drowning in grace and mercy and don't want to be saved.

Lessons learned:

  • Don't be stupid. Knowing the difference between right and wrong is not hard. Do what is right. Micah 6:8
  • Speak the truth. Always. No matter how embarrassing or disappointing it may be. John 8:32
  • Accept responsibility and the consequences. Always. Good and bad. Luke 6:43-45
  • There is nothing Satan can do to separate me from my Father in Heaven. And there is nothing I can do to make him stop loving me, even if it is tough love sometimes. Romans 8:37-39
No man becomes a great warrior without being tested in battle. And there is no greater battle experience than really getting your ass kicked because you haven't been preparing for battle like you should. A phoenix always comes back from the ashes. Here goes nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment