Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Whilst I was gone...

Psalm 118
  • Got engaged to the most awesome beautiful woman in the world.
  • Bought a house. (almost)
  • Survived my first season coaching baseball. (and drastically improved my fungo skills)
  • Watched eldest brother pull off a 4.0 taking 18 hours in his first spring semester. Wow.
  • Went to the coldest professional sporting event I've ever attended. And it was a baseball game.
    • Ate 5 hot dogs and 3 chicken sandwiches too.
  • Paid for a sweet honeymoon. 
  • Got a new cell phone that isn't broken!
  • Survived the spring wave of STAAR and TAKS assessments.
  • Got a CDL to drive a bus.
  • Played many Sporcle quizzes.
  • Overwhelmed with gifts at wedding showers.
  • Spent an amazing bachelor weekend hunting, fishing, and fellowshipping with great friends. 
  •  Learned better to let go and let God handle everything (especially money). 
  • Learned better to be gentle with my communication to students and to almost wives. 
  • Learned better to listen to the older people in your life, and to give generously when I'm one of the older people. 

It is unbelievably believable how well God will work in a man's life once He's given complete and total control over it. Coming up in the very near future....(Lord willing of course, unless Jesus wants to come back)
  • Marriage!
  • Honeymoon!
  • Hay fields!
  • Summer workouts!
  • Church camp!
  • Football
What will God teach me this summer? What will he do with the new family he is building and challenging me to lead? Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment