Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Burning the Midnight Oil

  • My dog is an excellent snorer, and I am a fan of him and teaching him cool stuff. His newest thing is catching the treats or balls or other random objects I toss his way in his mouth. 
  • Ted Mosby and I have a lot in common. And I really am enjoying How I Met Your Mother. 
  • I have been going to school since I was 5, and I am 23. I am growing a little weary of jumping through hoops and writing papers. 
  • My stomach ain't the iron fortress it used to be. Got to go home from job #2 early today, but I think it was because the pizza I had for breakfast upset my stomach.
  • I need to change my diet and start eating healthier, puking sucks. 
  • My oldest younger brother knows what he wants to do with his life, and is deciding where to do it. That is really cool.
  • My parents came to town last weekend and I shared a couple meals with them and a church service. Also really cool. 
  • My other two brothers had their own activities to attend to so I didn't get to spend time with them. Not as cool. 
  • My #2 cousin is playing injured. I know the feeling and am proud he's hanging in there. He is a better basketball player than I am, but don't tell him I said that. 
  • Great friend and roommate got a cool tattoo tonight, with cool reasoning behind it. Also really cool.
  • It rekindled my idea for my tattoo #2, but probably not enough to turn the idea into reality, yet. 
  • I miss my friends that moved away after last semester. And am already looking forward to missing the ones who will leave after this semester. 
  • The annual trip to Austin and the State Basketball Tournament is a mere month away. This is the third coolest thing in my life each year after church camp and teaching. 
  • I am getting my truck back Thursday or Friday. I never knew how much I really liked it until I didn't have it for two months. Funny how absence always makes the heart grow fonder, even if it is just a chunk of metal. 
  • I am still grateful that I can have my truck back at all. And my life. And my Grace from my Father. God is also really cool (understatement). 
  • I need to "dig" into my other blog again. Soon. This week soon. I will be looking for divine inspiration, and will probably get it in the shower like I usually do. 
  • Lists are a good way to organize things. So are spreadsheets. 
Goodnight. And always look for planks in the mirror before you point out specks in another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment