Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Times they are a changin'

Bob Dylan wrote a lot of good songs. And most of them sound a little better when someone covers them than we he sang them, but that didn't stop him. I like that. Eddie Vedder did this song well (better if he had a harmonica), but it's fitting for what's been going on this year as changes continue to roll on in left hand land.

I like lists. So I'm gonna make one of my changes I've realized here lately.


  • Not many of my friends will be left in Abilene after this weekend. Getting old is change. Tyler, Chance, Cody, Sam, and now Eric, Richard, Cody, and so many more.
  • I am looking back into my original plan of coaching high school kids.
  • There is a little more to finding a real job than finding a job hauling hay, bailing hay, selling sporting goods, doing laundry, or building fences. 
  • There is a new lady that likes me enough to give me the official title of "boyfriend" which is nice. And it's got to be true if ole' facespace says it is true. I am a fan of her. I think she will be around a while. 
  • There are more and more professional athletes younger than me every year. Whoa. 
  • Finding a "real" job will mean completely taking financial responsibility over myself. Whoa. 
  •  I now have 2 brothers who are driving. Whoa. 
  • I am spending less weekends at "home" and more weekends at "home" working. Good thing home is where you make it. 
  • My dog is a lot bigger now than he was a year ago when he became mine officially. 
  • I have had my pickup for almost 83,000 miles. 
  • I am less familiar with pop music than I've ever been. I am getting old. 
  • Another sign of getting old: when my dad cut my hair he had to buzz the fuzz off my ears. Like father like son, I suppose. 
Times they are a changin'. But that just means we are all that much closer to heaven. Change is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment